Sunday, August 16, 2009

Your Mamma's Rolls...

The other day Gracie and I were sitting with some friends by the side of the pool. I was getting Gracie ready to go swimming and my friend Kara was feeding her son Nixon. Well the night before I had given them some homemade rolls and they had brought them to snack on (but I hadn't seen that at this point). So Gracie was fussing for some food so Kara gave her some of the roll which made her happy so Kara cutely and in a motherly way said, "You've got your Mamma's rolls!"
At that exact moment I was pulling Gracie's swimsuit up over her leg rolls and diaper. I was taken back and I thought, "We always get comments on her chubby leg rolls but never have they been so boldy attributed to me. Thanks Kara!" But then I looked up and saw that Gracie was holding onto one of the rolls that I had given to Kara. I couldn't help laughing at what just happened. It was so funny. Kara was just trying to point out that they had brought my rolls to eat and I thought she was talking about leg rolls. Sorry to say Gracie, you probably did get your Mamma's rolls!

2 comments:

Karl, Meg, and kids said...

Yes, that's right. What are you talking about??? You may not be the skinniest thing out there, but you have a beautiful build and not a roll to be seen. You look fabulous lately. I have been thinking that the last couple time I have looked at your blog.

Love you Hollie, Meg

Unknown said...

haha, that was too funny. And Gracie for sure doesn't have her mamma's rolls, cause her mamma aint got none!