Friday, August 7, 2009

The Crazy Contraceptive Cupboard Catastrophe

The other day I was just doing my hair and brushing my teeth as usual and I looked down to see Gracie holding a box of contraceptive capsule thingys- the kind that dissolve and turn into spermacide. GREAT! I bent down to take the box away from her and there was white stuff puddled on the floor. OH GREAT!@%$#%! I thought for sure she was sucking on a capsule and so I snatched her up so quickly and ran my finger around inside her mouth but NOTHING was there! She had some white on the corners of her mouth and so I looked down on the floor again and this time there was even more white stuff but it looked a little foamier. I thought for sure that she had to have swallowed it. But then I checked the first white puddle on the floor and it smelled exactly like spit up. And then I cleaned the other foamy puddle up with toilet paper and it smelled like toothpaste. I breathed a sigh of relief and the puzzle all clicked together. Gracie was playing with the box when she spit up a little, and then when I saw her and grabbed her up in a hurry, some of the toothpaste foam dropped out of my mouth on the floor but I didn't remember that part cause I was so worried about Gracie. Thank Goodness there was no need for stomach pumping and who knows what else. I guess I better move things out of Gracie's reach!

1 comment:

The Rigbys said...

That is funny, but scary at the same time. I have had to call the poison control center several times when Olivia has gotten into things. Most of the time when she is at my mother in law's house. But thankfully she has never gotten sick!