Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Book idea: Tales of the DMV

I am so glad I don't have to go there again for a long time. And I am so glad to have a car now. I have loved my car so much and hated the DMV so much that I haven't written about. Let's just say that after too many trips back and forth to the DMV on my bike with Gracie in the bike trailer, that I have been inspired to write a book that will be a collection of people's stories of the DMV. Every time I went there, there was always something/someone to laugh about. There is always drama too including with me. It seemed that each time I went I would never be completely done. I would leave after waiting for hours for my number to be called only to return again. From failing the written driver's test because I was cocky and didn't think I need to study because I have been driving for 8 years (who knew it was going to be all about specific numbers and feet for driving and driving penalty system-dumb if you ask me), to taking a sweaty driver's license picture (sweaty from riding my back and hurrying to be back in 15 minutes to pick up Gracie from the babysitter's), to trying to charm the DMV employee whose personality was so dry he would crack if walked outside, to watching all the funny people get upset. It was topped off by the cutest experience of Gracie being confused by the huge glass wall. She loves the red rocks here in Vegas and so sat down right at the edge of the glass reached for the rocks but her head and hand kept hitting the glass. Then a man on the outside saw her and was laughing. So he picked up a rock and held it right next to the glass for Gracie. Gracie was so confused as to why she couldn't grab the rock. It was so cute and still makes me smile today.
So how about it? Anyone have a DMV story to contribute to my book? Anyone interested in reading the book when it is complete?

1 comment:

April said...

The first time we went to the DMV here, to get a new licenses and register our cars, we had to wait for FOUR hours with a hyper 3-year-old. Luckily they have vending machines, but we almost didn't make it. You should see my driver's license picture. I look like I could kill someone. I'll show you sometime. I'll need a new license next year so I'm looking forward to a better picture!