Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Shakin' in my britches at Court!

Going to court for my traffic tickets (one for not changing my license over in 30 days, and FIRST one EVER for speeding) was well worth it because it took my total from $380 to $107 plus I went to traffic school for $30 so it would be reduced to a parking ticket and not go on my record. But I must say, I was scared through the whole process and it went on way too long. The first time I appeared on my assigned date, I thought I was going in front of a judge but no! I was just pleading before a lady at a window. Depending on what I plead, would mean if I went to the judge or not. Well pleading not guilty and choosing to go to court was a gamble because if I lost I would have to pay my whole ticket plus court fees of around $100. But my case to me was so simple because we still own our home in Florida and the lady said that if I would have just answered the cop's question correctly the first time, then I wouldn't have got a ticket. What can I say when he says, "Where do you live?" I guess I should have told him I have my home in FL. Oh well. It would prevented all of this drama for 3 months and lots of back and neck ache and nervousness. When I finally went to court, I was so nervous about what I was going to say. In the end I was there for only about twenty minutes and I only said one word-- "GUILTY." I was dressed all sweet and innocent and ready to plead my case but then the attorney saw that I changed my license over and they dismissed that charge and then they said that my ticket and court fees would be $107 with an option to go to traffic school to reduce it to a parking ticket. Then they said "How do you plead?" I almost screamed guilty with shock because they saved me so much money. I was ecstatic. But then I did end up going to traffic school from 5:00 to 11:00 pm. It was not a fun night. The instructor was horrible and extremely rude adn demeaning to everyone except the military guys. He made fun of me and my "questions" in front of everyone even though his examples were very stupid and unrealistic. He basically just made fun of everyone, told us all how we are saying our English words wrong because we don't have a spanish accent adn we live in Las Vegas, adn read the test word for word and gave us the answer for 6 hours. And I got hit on by an older guy and missed my baby and husband. And I couldn't work on my church stuff like I was planning. He got mad at me. It was horrible. I never want to do it again.

No comments: