Wednesday, August 26, 2009

So it's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to!

Yeah it's my party and I'll cry if I want to just like the song says. I am not too young to know that song. My mom used to sing it all the time. I love the oldies. And that is why it is okay if I cry on my birthday. I hate this crown cause it hurt my head and my mouth was driving me nuts. It's like there was these knives constantly jabbing in my gums cause my second tooth is trying to break through. It hurts so bad though and makes my nose run so I can't breathe that sometimes I think I wish I wouldn't get teeth. But then I think of all the good food there is yet to try and I guess I will buck up. The purple grape stuff that mom gives me in a dropper thing tastes so good and helps though so don't feel too bad for me.

I should tell you thought that I had very good behavior during my party which wasn't actually on my birthday, I was born on the 20th, Thursday, but people came to part-ee on Saturday morning. I woke up way early (about 8:00) because I was so excited. I think I forgot about my teeth or they just gave me a little break that day. How nice! I ate breakfast before everyone came so I could share my high chair with my friends. Sharing is the nice thing to do! And I can't count yet, but mom said we had 21 adults over to our house including Grammy Lenna and Papa Rick and my 3 bestest boyfriends over to play (no, their not adults). My Uncle Robert and Heidi and my cousins were going to come but then my mean mom had to post-pone them coming until Labor Day. I don't really understand but she said something about not enough room for all the company. She was so sad she was crying. It made me sad too. I wish we had a big old house and could acomadate everybody. Mom cried a lot over it, but they said they understood. We will get to see them soon.

My mom told me she was very surprised that I could part-ee with out crying for as long as I did. But I wasn't surprised at all! When there is a party- I am not gonna be the pooper. Ha ha get it? "Pooper!"
After the baby dance party where I danced to "Jump Around" by house of Pain and "Move It" by ?, I let mom open my presents, stared at everyone awkwardly while they sang "Happy Birthday" to me, and ate my strawberry waffle cake. I fed some to mom and dad, and polished off the bowl of strawberry goop (so good btw, I recommend it!), dad took me for a bath. Then I came down and played around with my new princess baseball bat and my pink heart purse and wandered around. People finally left so we could have some peace and quite and I finally had the house to myself again and no boys stealing my stuff. (I wonder if they are going to pop the heads off my barbie dolls someday. They better not or I will take them and wop them upside the head with my new princess bat.) Did I mention I got a new princess bat from some somehow distantly related cousins who just adore me and always play with me at the family barbecues. Yeah they are way into baseball. Nick even plays on a scouting team. We are going to watch him play on Saturday. Anyway, I am getting off track and my mom is falling asleep because she has heard all this before. And she wants to stop typing and go to bed. She says dad is going to be disappointed with her in the morning because of staying up so late but what's done is done. But I am going to stop her there and finish later. I want to tell you about all the rest of the cool gifts I got and actually show you the pictures so you can see what happened for your own eyes. My mom made this gorgeous cake too. Her friend Cassidy came over and brought James to play while they made sum yummy oreo suckers. You should see the cute pictures. But I have to convince mom that it is a priority to put the pics on over this Luau thing she is doing on Friday. Wish me luck and cross your fingers cause then you might get to see the pics sooner. Gotta go. Until next time (hopefully soon),
Your sweetest Gracie

1 comment:

nicole said...

happy birthday gracie girl!! we had lots of fun playing with you and it's ok that you didn't feel great and cried a little, carter didn't feel great and cried a lot at his party too! =D
hollie, i am so sorry we didn't come to recipe night last night!! i COMPLETELY forgot about it! and since my computer is broken, i came over to my mom's today to check my email, and there in my inbox is a big fat reminder for recipe night LAST NIGHT!!! lol.
hope you guys had fun!!