Saturday, July 18, 2009

Our AC went out and I stayed in my swimsuit for over 24 hours!

It stopped blowing cold air about 4:00 pm on Thursday. We didn't know what was wrong but the AC guy couldn't come until the next day. So I still (stubbornly) followed through with cooking the ribs I had prepared with homemade BBQ sauce even though the oven would have to be on for an hour. If it's hot, why not just add a little more?
Then after eating we decided to go swimming to cool off, but then the missionaries dropped by and they left right before 9:00. We just went for a quick dip anyway. It felt so good.
We came home and watched Rush Hour cause Luke just bought it in the $5.00 bin. (Don't you love/hate that bin?) I fell asleep during the movie which makes me feel old and pathetic cause I never used to fall asleep during movies, even if I wanted to- you all know those times when you were trying to fake that you were asleep or the movie was just so boring you wish you could sleep...
So I pooped out on Luke in my swimming suit. He woke me up when the movie was over and I hurried up to bed trying not to wake up. Which means... YES, I slept that night in my swimming suit and I didn't brush my teeth or take my contacts out. It was a really hot night though and neither of us slept very well. It makes you really grateful for the AC. I wouldn't get anything done without it. The AC guy came at about 8:00 the next morning, thankfully. Then the whole day I was planning on going swimming with Gracie so I just stayed in my swim suit, but naps and other things took precedence and things got canceled. Then finally at about 7:00 pm after dinner, we went with our friends Kara and Clay and Nixon, swimming. Then we came home and got changed to go play volleyball. (I still hadn't gotten dressed for real.) We hurried over but the church was being used for a wedding. Dang! So what do you do if you can't burn calories? You go eat some. We ate very few calories, though, cause we went to Golden Spoon. It was delicious. After a good day and night with our friends and Gracie past bed time, we finally got back home. And I got dressed "for real" after taking a shower. It has been a very long time since I have worn my swim suit for that long and I am not planning to repeat it. We love cold AC!

No comments: