Friday, July 31, 2009

Happy 28th Lukee!

I love this picture of Luke. You can really see both his mom and dad in him really well.
Luke wanted a cheesecake so I made a cooked one for the first time instead of just the easy fridge kind. BTW, homemade graham cracker crust is much better than the store bought if you have the extra time. We have plenty of crackers because of Gracie. That was her contribution to dad's birthday.
We surprised Luke with these push-up bars too, but the day before he had decided he wanted different ones. Back to the store these will go.
Luke finally got his select-tech dumb bells he was wanted for quite some time. It was a splurge but he found some used ones on Craigslist with some other workout stuff that the owner wouldn't split. So we bought it all for $400 but now we can sell the rest of it and only end up paying like $50 for the dumb bells and the stand instead of the full $550 you would pay to go buy it brand new at the store. The only sad part is that I had this whole day planned around his surprise, that I had already bought the stuff at Sports Authority. He was planning to make a trip downtown to get them but I already had them for a week. But then when Luke found these on Craigslist and was adamant about getting them that night and putting off dinner and everything else. All in all, it turned out a good funny day, even though my whole plan to surprise him that I had worked out with my friends and a babysitter etc. were kaboshed. I did get a little emotional (crying of course), but then when Luke locked himself in the car and I had to go rescue him, and we didn't eat dinner till 8:30, well by then we were both laughing. Crazy fun day. We got a deal even though it wasn't how I had planned it. I am not sure if I will ever go to all that effort to surprise Luke again. Just kidding. I probably will cause I will forget how it feels when it doesn't go as planned and get excited in the planning again. Sorry we couldn't surprise you Luke!
My soon to be even more muscular man!
You're getting up there Luke but you still act like a kid! That is a good thing... I love you.
We were able to surprise Luke at work with some cupcakes. Gracie walked in first and Luke couldn't see anyone in the door. He looked own and there she was. I am glad that surprise worked. It was fun.
Surprise!!! We even did a speech and language session based around the cupcakes. That was fun for me cause I miss doing therapy with the kids.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Hi Hollie-

I ran into your blog from Lindsay's. It has been so fun to see what you are Luke are up to! It doesn't seem like that long ago we were all in the good ole basement of the COMDE building. I'm finishing up my last year of CFY and then I can officially say I'm done! WHOO HOO! I would love to keep in touch with you-and your welcome to look at our blog as well. It is private though so just send me your email and I'll send an invite your way! Gracie is a dollie by the way!

Brooke said...

Ha ha...this is Brooke Buchanan...used to be Matthews.

My email is chick_a_dee117@hotmail.com

Ellis said...

LOVE your mantle! You did a great job decorating it. And I just might have to copy your happy birthday sign. It is just about the cutest thing I've seen all week! You should start a craft blog - you have so many cute, fun ideas!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to Luke!

Darn those surprises that don't work out, it is frustrating huh?! I don't blame the tears...
Happy you got the weights for a LOT cheaper though.