Monday, July 13, 2009

Can I have seconds on patriotism please!

I think there should be more times in the year that we celebrate the greatness of our country. (Then again I guess if I went to sporting events more often I would get to sing the national anthem and put my hand on my heart. I think I want to start attending some just so I can do that.) I love our country... the promised land. I hope we as a people can always live well enough and love well enough that we can keep our freedom. I am grateful to all of those people who have given their lives through history and are serving right now for the freedom of the USA. Unfortunately we know that sometime in the future the government will hang by a thread and our freedom and peace that we enjoy so easily will not be there. We cannot take it for granted. I love the song "I am proud to be an American" where at least I know I'm free, and I won't forget the men who died who gave that right to me, so I proudly stand up and defend her still today... God bless the USA!
This is Gracie's new thing. To say "ooh" all the time and suck the air in. Apparently her parents say it all the time when she finds new things.
Thanks James, for sharing your flag and Cassidy for the cute pics!
James and Gracie played together after the BBQ on the 4th. It was fun!

I love my little stinker who rarely gives kisses anymore.
And this is what happened earlier in the day on the 4th of July and the reason why we didn't get to go swimming like we had planned. I had to take some dessert to the two "BARBER-cues" we were going to that night and so I decided to make some of Bakerella's cake balls because they were a hit last time. We made chocolate with chocolate frosting. I don't have a picture of the end result this time because... well... Luke... started a chocolate fight. I enlisted his help to be the "cake ball scooper" using our cookie scoop and he plopped them out real fast. But as I was finishing the last couple- rolling them perfectly by hand, you know me... Luke whips out some chocolate and slaps it on my face. Then he proceeds to lick it off!!! Of all the things for a loving husband to do. So I had to get him back of course. And the rest of the fight was tit for tat and lick for that. (That was the cleanest "previously holding chocolate" bowl I have ever seen.) It took some time to clean up and clean ourselves up before going that night. We had no home furnishing casualties, so that was lucky. We were an hour late to both BBQ's but it was fun. Thanks Bakerella for getting my husband and I in a chocolate fight. We made up while cleaning up! And I have vowed to beat Luke next time. We will let you know, next time I am brave enough to make cake balls.

4 comments:

Marina said...

First off, y'all are hilarious with your food fight! I say Luke gets extra points for starting it! Go Luke!

Secondly, I am a great patriot too. I don't know if I have ever heard our National Anthem and not cried. It always puts me in an emotional state of gratitude.

Thirdly, you should definitely attend more sporting events! =)

April said...

I love the chocolate faces! You guys are too funny!

Melissa B said...

Gracie looks so cute in her patriotic outfit!

The Rigbys said...

I love the pictures, and miss you guys!