Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Not a Black Widow! I have no guts...

I am not gutsy enough to take closeups or even look at them for very long, but Luke is. This was right on the left side of our doorstep where Gracie stands all the time while I water our garden. Scary! I am glad the missionaries spotted it and Luke killed it, well he tried. It got away but Luke then sprayed the area thoroughly. After Luke drowned it in Ortho Home Defense it came crawling out slow enough that he could squash it. I did have enough guts to clean out his web. And I do have guts to do other usually stupide things just not buggy things. What about you? Do you have guts?

5 comments:

Boren Family said...

Ewww... I have guts to kill a spider but don't ask me to kill a cricket.

Life of an Org said...

Ha a cricket??hahaha you are awesome nicole! I could kill a spider but when it comes to snakes I am useless. I have held friends snakes...for some reason if its a pet I think they won't eat me or something but I will not deal with any other snake!!!!

April said...

Oh my gosh, that is scary!

The Rigbys said...

I am so scared of spiders! Creepy!

nicole said...

i used to be totally freaked out by creepy, crawly things.. spiders, cockroaches, beetles, ants, crickets, EVERYTHING!! like, if tyler wasn't home to kill it i would put a cup over it and wait for him to come home. it got so bad that tyler started bribing me to kill them. for every bug i killed i'd get a candy bar.. my weakness!
now that he's deployed, i really have no choice but to kill them all myself.. and i killed a scorpion 2 nights ago. that's right. a SCORPION. it came crawling out of my bedspread after i put carter down for bed. after we had spent all day playing on my bed. SCARY!! i deserve like a whole SHELF full of candy bars for killing that one!