Sunday, November 4, 2012

Pictures from today... a good Sunday!

 I had time to curl the girl's hair today. And they were wearing their new boots and matching sweater dresses. My friend gave us some clothes for Gracie and it just so happens she bought the pink version for her daughter when I bought the brown version for Gracie a few years ago from Target. So now they can be twinners. Love it when it works out that way. 

The Fall weather is so nice here in Fl. But so nice that it still melts my candy corn wreath when the sun shines on my door for that certain hour of the day I haven't caught yet. Yeah I was stupid and put it out at the beginning of October just to find candy dripping down my door and melted into puddles on the step. Then I fixed it back up and put it out again last week. It was cold... Well it got warm again, so we opened the door yesterday morning to find nice melty candy liquid on my door and step (3 times because I kept forgetting to clean it up)! Hello I can be smart but I can be a real blonde sometimes. Hence no wreath on my wreath hanger in the picture. :)

 Gracie tried to take a pic of us but the sun was on the camera so she couldn't see. :( But I post it here anyway because I was so excited at how clever I was with my wardrobe today. My "dress" is a loose flowy shirt and a long stretchy skirt that looked cute together when I put it on but just really really flowy. I was trying to figure out how much to roll my waist band or put it over my belly to get the skirt the right proportion for my shirt length (past my bum) and my belly when I decided to pull it over my shirt all the way up to my chest. Over-poofiness gone immediately and it was not too tight and still flowy that it was comfortable and looked nice hanging down over the bump. I also put on a wide black belt and a skinny belt where they meet which both looked nice but chose to go without for comfort. You can only stand a belt constricting your bump for so long and since I am temporarily standing in as primary chorister for the primary program I thought I had enough to handle without adjusting a belt. Should have got a picture of it though. I can't wait to see if I can do the same thing when I am not prego and what others skirts I can do it with. Let me know if you try it and it works for you. I thought I was so clever today!! And to top it off I got the skirt free from a clothing swap because the waistband needed to be sewn. Can't beat free, clever, comfortable maternity clothes!!

I think it would be so fun to be on that TV show where they come and look at your clothes and show you new ways to wear them and new combinations. And "what not to wear" for your body type. Changing fashion sense and creative fashion is something I have to look at and study to see what I can do with my clothes. It doesn't come as naturally for me as to some of you talented people.

P.S. We got to church an hour early because our clock didn't change like Luke says it is supposed to for daylight savings time. Did anyone else do that? We went back home and then we were just barely late when we went back. :( Sad!

2 comments:

The Mickelsens said...

So great to see how things are going with your family. I read down all the posts and I'm glad to ehar how things are turning out for you all. I'm excited for your new little girl to come. We miss you guys. I can't seem to keep your address anywhere when I write it down. Could you email it to me so I have it somewhere where this horrible pregnant brain won't lose it. Thanks!

Ellis said...

What beautiful girls - all 3 of you!