Friday, November 23, 2012

Gracie's First Day of Preschool at Primary Prep

Gracie goes to preschool from 8-11am every weekday. Which means I have to get up at a certain time. That hasn't been required of me for a few years and it is early in my book since we are usually night people. With Luke's job he gets up at 5am to drive 1hr 15min over a time zone to make it in time for school to start. So it all works better this way so we go to bed earlier. My girls are good sleepers and I feel bad waking them up every morning but Gracie loves school. And she is so sad if she misses it. She loves the social part of making new friends and I am glad it has taught her to play outside and not worry about getting sand in her shoes. She likes to dress fancy for school but she has to leave her necklaces and bracelets at home. She is getting better at getting her hair combed without crying. She is also learning to respect adults more and not talk back or argue with what they want her to do. Initially, she always wanted to do things her way and would pout and not participate if she didn't get to. She just got the "Whoo's Terrific" award for standing out as a good friend and showing respect. Way to go Gracie. She is also beginning to read! We really like Gracie's school but I don't like having to be somewhere.  






1 comment:

Ellis said...

what a cute, little school! Love it! Glad Gracie is loving it and learning new things. We put Genevieve in pre k, too, but it's just twice a week 8:30-11:30. We've worked it out so Chase can go into work late those two days and take her, so I only have to pick her up. We mainly put her in to learn social skills, but we've been surprised at how much she has learned academically, too. (she knew so much going in, I didn't think she would have much to learn at that level...). Days that Chase can't take her in to preschool and I have to do it.... it is hard! getting up, getting all 3 kids ready, taking them all in. I'm impressed you do it every day! Go Hollie!