Monday, September 28, 2009

I get my house back tomorrow night!

PLUMBERS EXPRESS: The painters should be the last step of this four day plumbing process that went over a weekend. We planned it right though so that we would be out of town over the weekend while our house was a mess, but then I had to come back today and cook dinner for the missionaries. I won't turn down an opportunity to serve! (they just won't get to sit on any couches eh?)
We are renting this place that just happened to be part of a action law suit for bad plumbing couplers or something, that if not replaced, we could have a very bad flood through both floors in our house. So to circumvent that, I agreed to let them come fix it whenever they could. It is definitely never convenient to be out of your house all day when you have a 1 year old who needs naps and food. Oh well, we just go shopping right? That is what we did last Thursday, when the plumbers were here cutting about 30 holes all around inside our house. We went to Town Square Shopping Center with two good friends of mine and their sons (two good friends of Gracie's). It was tons of fun. The main event for us was shopping at H and M- I love that store! The main event for the kids was the park area including the water feature. They even had really cute playhouses with a kitchen and sitting areas, two stories, with stairs, windows, and more sitting areas, and a fireman pole. I now feel jipped as a kid... They even had a kid sized "green bush" rat maze for the kids to run around in. Gracie loved that part and the merry-go-round more than the water. She was kind of finicky about the water, maybe just girly. That is going to have to change. We also ate lunch and had frozen yogurt just before we left for home. It was a fun, fun day. Gracie fell asleep for only 20 minutes in her stroller before she woke up for the rest of the day. She was so tired and went to bed early and slept way in the next morning. It was fun though.The next day of the plumbing was inspection, which they passed. Then we left for UT to be with Luke's family which was really good and needed (pics soon). We got home last night around midnight and woke up this morning to more plumbers 7AM sharp. They did the sheet rock and texturing today. So I left after trying to get something out of all the tarps and plastic to eat for breakfast and we went the BEST WORST store in the world: ROSS Dress For Less! I probably tried on at least 5 sets of 8 clothing selections that were all piled on my cart. (You couldn't even see Gracie in the cart, that is how bad it was! I am SOOOO BAD. But hey I never get to go shopping- I don't have to buy anything, I just like trying things on and dreaming and seeing different combinations.) Gracie was so good until the end though when it came to decision time. She was so tired she couldn't stop crying, so I ended up buying $150 worth of clothing and tomorrow when I have to be out of the house again, I will go return it all. It is just for fun you know! Luke doesn't get the return game! It can be a pain, but how else do you do it with kids?
One thing happened though that could have been really bad- there was this child services social worker that saw Gracie escape from my stall out in the dressing room where the mirrors are. She told the dressing room attendant that she wanted to wait for me and Gracie to come out so that she could talk to me about Child Endangerment. Thankfully the dressing room attendant vouched for me and said it was hard with kids and that she would talk to me about it. She did and both her and I thought she was being a little stringent especially because I just kept my tank top on and kept the door open the whole time and was talking to her. I had already let her eat everything in my bag. I guess I should have just stopped everything and gone home. Dang! I just told Luke about it and now I am in trouble with him. Gall! I shouldn't have told him. I don't think it was that bad!
LAST step is painting- tomorrow and they are done. Wahoo! What a pain but now we know we won't be flooded on. And tomorrow I will be going back to Ross to do returns after I try on everything at home!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Hollie,
J'lene wants an invite to your blog. Her email is bjkbclose@gmail.com Have a great day.