Friday, September 25, 2009

Head shakin, Stair Stepping, and Signin Away!

Gracie's Loves the Step Ladder and any stairs for that matter. She can go down the stairs now all by herself too by scooting on her bum. The only bad thing is that one time I got the step ladder out for her to stand me while I cooked and now she thinks she needs it all the time. She will no longer sit in her high chair and eat. She has to move the stairs around everywhere and be up on our level. Pretty much, I just let her eat while I am cooking and we say "HOT" over and over while she shoves cheese in her mouth and empties out my upper drawers. It is a really good system cause then we actually get to eat dinner from our own plates while it is "HOT" and not have to feed Gracie the whole time. She still stands on the step ladder next to us, shakes her hips, and gets a little food off our plates. It is quite cute, not the screaming though when I put her in the high chair! The other night Luke put her to bed while I was at YW's and she literally fell asleep saying "HOT!" Luke said her eyes would close but then she would flick them back open and say "HAAAAAHTT!" That happened over and over. I wish I would have been there but she gave me a second show the next morning when I went in to get her, and I said "Hi Gracie!" and she said, "HAAAAAHTT!" Silly girl. Now we are trying to get her to wear a hat and learn the difference between the words "HAT" and HOT!"

Video: Stubborn Head Shake


Video:Show Me Your Signs



I finally got the guts to go through with my long time desire: to see what I would look like with all darker brown hair. Still in the store, I had the usual blonde highlights box and a dark brown shade and a light amber brown. You can see what I chose! I LOVE IT! What do you think?
More pics of it in better light to come soon. You can't really see the red in it here. But this is Gracie and I cooking!

No comments: