Tuesday, March 2, 2010

No longer a boy... Pigtails! Talent agency eat your heart out!

I CAN'T think of the last time Gracie got called a BOY. And that is a super good thing! I tried not to be sensitive about it. She got called a boy despite her dress and pink clothes and earrings. Without a headband on people see a little hair and light so you can't see it and they think boy. That is why I have always been so adamant about her wearing a headband and flower.
People always asks me how she keeps them on. Well I say-- she has been wearing them since she was a baby so it's like she doesn't know that it's not a part of her head and she knows I will put it right back on if she does take it off. (Dad on the other hand helps her take them off!)

But I am happy to say that for at least a month or two now we have been making some very cute PIGTAILS on top, and in back! And now she actually gets BEDHEAD and
we have to use a COMB! Get out of town. I have never loved using a comb/brush so much! And I can't stop putting my fingers through her hair.
We went on a bike ride yesterday and she got called the cutest little girl by people in the post office, people that were feeding ducks, and people by the swings and slides. I LOVED IT!
There was no hesitation about WHAT she was and people just gushed over her. And in the post office she even had a bike helmet on!! Wahoo! (she rode on my bike not this one)
And now for the feather in her cap and mine (a little bragging that doesn't mean much because I am sure they talked to every child in Walmart that day but it still made me feel good, vain I know!):

A TALENT SCOUT from the Tru Talent Agency stopped me in Walmart on the sewing isle and said that Gracie was just what they were looking for, and especially for the JCPENNEY CATALOG shoot that week. She had the cutest blonde hair and blue eyes and personality. He said that modeling would be a perfect start for her for the rest of her life to be in entertainment/acting/ and advertising. I went away very FLATTEREDof course! When they called me the next day to set up an appointment downtown and a picture shoot, I decided NOT too (thanks to my first instinct and others' input). Although it might be fun a few times, I think it probably is a SCAM to get my MONEY... build me and her potential up and then make me pay for pictures and a portfolio like they do for hundreds of other cute children. There are LOTS of cute kids to prey on and everyone thinks their child is the cutest.
And even if it wasn't a scam, Luke and I decided that this was NOT the kind of LIFESTYLE that we want Gracie to grow up in. I think it would be hard to grow up knowing that you are a model and being told you are cuter or better than everyone else. All she needs to know is that her parents think she is the CUTEST girl in the world, WE LOVE HER, and she is a CHILD OF GOD. That should do her well enough. Talent Agency: EAT YOUR HEART OUT!!!

1 comment:

April said...

Wow, that was like reading something I could have written when Isabel was little! She had no hair until she was 2 and it finally started to grow. She was called a boy constantly. Finally when her hair started to grow that stopped!

And, we were stopped numerous times when she was younger by people saying that she would be a great model. Of course we never went for that, for the same reason that you said. We didn't want her to have that kind of life. And, when she got older she started telling those people herself that she wasn't interested. I think they were a little taken aback! Good choice though! And yeah, it could have been a scam.