Saturday, March 13, 2010

Just a little St. Patrick's Day bug bite...

I have to make my home a little festive before it's too late!
So we found a dead tree branch,
strung a few beads,
and hung some $1.00 4 leaf clovers I bought last year at JoAnn's.
Luke even strung one dangler for me for FHE.
And then you just gotta have some glitter, hence the "lucky" sign...
cause we are LUCKY to have each other and family.
Then I strung the white, green, and gold beads and clovers on some green ribbon to make a garland for our huge mantle. I love it... and the "Kiss Me, I'm Irish" sign.
But then I had a friend's baby shower. A little girl who is being born on St. Patrick's Day. What a lucky girl. So I made this... (it is sparkly)
And this one, because the natural color for a tutu is pink after all! I was so pleased with myself I couldn't stop beaming for the rest of the night and showing it to Luke over and over. Each one only took me an hour. I am waiting to see how the stitching holds up when it is worn, if I stretched the onesie enough for the baby to wear and stretch it on and off? We will see. This is beautiful pregnant Stacy who loved them too!

2 comments:

Sarah and Trent said...

You are so talented!! And St. Patrick's is totally one of my favorite holidays...we have green stuff all over and are having a green dinner. Can't Wait!

April said...

Super cute! I didn't know that you gave Stacy a shower, how nice!