Saturday, February 27, 2010

Clothing Make-overs!

Trying on Luke's jeans after I patched them. YEP! Gracie fit too. And Luke is so tall they went up to my bustline and were still slouchy. Luke didn't think it was very funny. Actually both Luke and I are the skinniest that we have been for years. It feels good.
I sewed "LUKE" over the "NY" shirt I had but never wore. And stitched around the vinyl heart to make it match. I added little bows on the sleeves too. And then I wore it too a couple's Valentine's Party. It was a hit. Now Luke will get one next year that says " I HEART HOLLIE!"
Gracie is modeling her new green outfit. Made from the top of a green jacket dress and a thermal shirt that both were too short.
Added ribbon with fabric glue and sewed on the flower with a button in the middle:
It WAS a ONESIE which I don't like for this age anymore and NOW:
I did reverse applique for the first time (the butterfly) and used the bottom of an existing pink shirt to make the band on the bottom of the above shirt. Then I used the top of the same pink shirt for the shirt below. Just added the way too short thermal shirt bottom and sleeves to it. Added the blue ribbon as a tie and the heart to finish it.These pants are kind of funny but still cute. I had a lot of stains to cover.

I think it all turned out pretty darn cute. Now I will be less scared to do it again to more clothes that need a little help. I think the best was wearing Luke's pants though. What do you think?

2 comments:

April said...

So creative!

I'm curious - What do you do to stay so thin?

Unknown said...

Way to go girl! Looks like you've found time to explore your creative side--on top of creating a new business. Looks awesome!