Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Dresses


I loved getting a new dress from my mom made every Easter. So I am going to keep the tradition going:

2 Yellow Dresses and matching hair pieces made from 2 Men's T-shirts.

Total Cost: $2.00 (already had white ribbon)

Time: 1 Naptime + 1 Nightime (while watching a show with Luke)

Inspiration: Kojo Designs inspired by JCrew

Unplanned Extras: 1 Baby Doll Dress (she loved it) and 1 Drawstring Purse- not pictured (just had to make it when I saw the sleeve was already in a tube with a nice hemmed casing for the ribbon closure)

What I would have changed: How often my stinkin' machine cobbles even though I got it serviced for $80 bucks so it would have taken even less time, and smaller flowers on the headband.

Girls dressed + matching :). Mom feeling pretty good.

Easter eggs hunted.

Chocolate consumed naughtily.

Sacred Easter meanings discussed.

Family time never enough.

The only thing the Easter Bunny forgot was a matching tie for Dad.

Darn!! Next year she will get it right.

Did I say I love re-purposing?

These dresses are so easy. You just trace a dress folded in half on an old t-shirt. Cut it out. Sew it up without hemming (best part). Add the ribbon straps and belt. And then hand-sew the flowers on (made from a stack of 3 circles ruffled cutely).

I have a feeling there are more to be made.

4 comments:

April said...

Those dresses are SO cute! I can't believe you made them without a pattern. Awesome!

Ellis said...

Great dresses! Did you match them (color or otherwise)? Beautiful girls!

Jeff & Erin said...

Adorable! I'm going to have to give those dresses a try!

amy ayres said...

I'm unbelieveably impressed by your inguinuity!