Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Hoping life will give me time to write about Lenna.

So I haven't really written anything in the past about my dear and wonderful mother-in-law, Lenna, who was dealing with ALS (amylotrophic lateral sclerosis) aka Lou Gherig's Disease since her official diagnosis in Aug 2009.

There are 2 reasons for this:
1- Terminal illness is never fun to talk about, deal with, or accept.
2- Lenna did not like how the internet allows us to air all of our private news and sometimes come off insensitively.

Now that some time has passed and we've healed a little bit, we are trying to find a new rhythm of life along with all those who loved her and were closely involved.

I hope to write my thoughts and feelings more completely along with more details *soon*. I think it will be valuable to remember and read *later,* after our hearts have lumped it all into one big trial in order forget the pain. But I think there is some value in recording details I remember, good and bad. Maybe... at least it might be cathartic for me.

We miss her badly. And still have to each get our own answer and have faith as to the purpose of Heavenly Father taking her (and my sister) back home so soon!

1 comment:

April said...

I'm looking forward to reading what you have to say. She was an amazing lady and I'd love to know more about her.