Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Sledding at Walmart!


So we woke up this morning and got dressed in our matching outfits to go grocery shopping at SPRAWL-MART.





At the back of the store, Gracie found a sled and asked for a ride... (She hasn't got to go except last year when she was 1, so I obliged to show her how it worked.)

Then she had to go potty - at the front of the store. So I just pulled her in the sled right to the bathrooms. Tons of people smiled. Then she didn't want to get out...

So we did our grocery shopping in the sled!

We kept waiting for someone to tell us we couldn't do that, but no one did. Everyone we passed would SMILE, LAUGH, and TELL the person they were with to "Look at that" with exception of only a few dirty looks.

Every little kid we passed told his parents he wanted to do it too. It was tons of fun.
Here we are at check-out!

I wish I could always use a sled because Gracie was SOOOOO good. Even in the check-out line, she pulled nothing off the shelf.

Yes we did buy the sled for $4.50 on clearance and my hands were raw from pulling the rope with one hand and pushing Katie in the cart with the other.

But now I want it to snow one more time so I can show her what REAL sledding is.

Gracie, you have a crazy mom! You don't really go sledding at Walmart!
(Hey that would make a fun children's book.)

6 comments:

Ellis said...

You may be a little crazy, but I also think you are a great, fun mom! It's the little things in life that make it so great, and I think this is one that both of you will always remember. You make me smile Hollie!

Karl, Meg, and kids said...

What can I say except you are the MOST AWESOME sister-in-law a girl could ever have! Happy to see you keep selling those wonderful book.

Karl, Meg, and kids said...

Did you guys go sledding. I heard you got a bit of snow the other day.

Brandon,J'lene, Kamiah,Braelyn, Chelsea, Aussie said...

How funny! Sledding in walmart that is something I have never thought of!!!!! You silly woman:)

Sarah and Trent said...

SO cute! What a good idea too:)

Unknown said...

you are AWESOME!! Loved this post :) Just wish we were sledding right behind you in wal-mart!!