Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Shout-out to myself: I am 8 months old!!

I put this pic on even though it is a little old,
because I thought it showed a little attitude!

Hi! I am Gracie. My mom said since I am 8 months old now I can type all by myself.
See:
l8-24pkag na na neghcjljlqalj/gadgjnhjhnjhuiuseiihnagbhbhdf md vdn m
(my mommy is so nice)

gbgbuyjhjhjhyk,/nk./-[0-75656uj m,bj.,.,jklkl.hgggghgvbnb bbjh,vsaw21431rtrtfgh.m,o;ho5u3209jnhjnhan vz zncv ,mz m m aghjhjhjljhlii n m nm nbm nbm
(I want to tell you a little about myself)

adghhijjjjnn mccmvn c cvm, cvm,m,m,db ,mb ,md
(My dad is going to get mad about me pounding on the computer)

(My mom is typing now because I don't know how to spell yet but she is an excellent translator so I will let her do it for me...)

*I just learned how to clap (palms together now, not just thumbs) and I can't stop doing it! Pretty good eh?

*I can drink from a straw! I just don't know when I get the motion right until something wet and yummy lands in my mouth. Caution to all other babies out there, beware of choking afterwards.

*Bananas are my favorite thing to eat. Mom peels it for me and I hold it just like a monkey. Sometimes the slippery pieces slide down my belly and land in the highchair but I usually get most of it in my mouth. I eat the whole banana all by myself- that is unless mom steals a bite. Sometimes she makes me so frustrated. Like when she leaves me alone and I can't see her, yeah... I have a little hissy fit. I am good at it!!

*I love it when my dad comes home from work. It is the best time of day, except for meal time obviously. I really like to eat what dad and mom are eating but sometimes they are mean and won't let me. Like last night mom said "spicy"- do you know what that means?? Help me out here cause I don't understand why they won't share.

*Riding my motorbike outisde is the best. (Mom calls it a stroller but I like to hold on to it and pretend it is a motorcycle and let the wind whip through my hair.) (What? I saw that look on your face. I do too have hair. Mom can even style it now!)

*And Yes I can give kisses, but I don't like to anymore so keep it on the down-low, puh-lease! It is kind of annoying... with saliva and all. But my mom and dad get a kick out of it, so I humor them sometimes. Only if they really deserve it.

*I like to walk to Smith's and get groceries and the library and see all of the books. I can't wait to learn to read.

*I hate clothes. Mom wants me to get all excited about cute outfits and flowers and headbands and socks and shoes and the list goes on and on. Can someone please help me out on why this stuff is so fascinating. My dad and I think they are RID-ic-U-lous with a capital R.

*Okay last one. I will let you in on a little secret. I am determined to just skip crawling and go straight to walking. I know that crawling is what most people do, but I am not most people. I don't want to worry my mom, but I don't see any point in crawling. I would rather be like my mom and dad and walk from point A to point B. And since my mom is a sucker for taking my hands and walking me everywhere I want to, I might as well right. I haven't quite figured out how to pull myself up into position yet, well, I mean I have but I am just a little nervous about it. As soon as I am up on both feet though I can go anywhere as long as there is something to hold on to. My parents just found this thing at a garage sale on Saturday- Get this!... It is a table that is just my size and it has all of this cool stuff on it like instruments and spin toys and even a music book to follow and play teh right notes. That is my favorite part. Well actually just walking around and around the table is my fav... By the time I get back around to where I started, I forgot what was over there and it is all new again. I LOVE IT! Can you say STEAL! I love garage sales. Okay getting side tracked. Mom said she will film me doing it so you can all see if you didn't catch my drift. K? So long story short. I am getting pretty good at walking while only holding one of mommy's hands.
Do you think it is okay that I skip crawling?? Would love hear your thoughts! Thanks!

So that is the end of the shout-out to myself. Talk to you next time my luck is up and I can convince mom to let me have a turn at the ba ba ba... I mean blah blah blah...... blahg/blog.

5 comments:

The Rigbys said...

What a cute blog! That was funny and entertaining to read! Gracie your a hoot! Don't worry because your friend Olivia (my daughter) didn't really crawl, she did a funny army crawl and then went straight to walking.

Ellis said...

You are too funny Miss Hollie! It's so fun to hear about Gracie's milestones. Genevieve is just barely showing interest in food and I think she is going to walk before she crawls too. How are you enjoying Nevada? I enjoy peeking into your life now and then - looks like you are doing really well. Gracie is Beautiful and is a good mix of you and your husband!

Karl, Meg, and kids said...

Hollie,

They will tell you that crawling is important to learning how to read. She will start to crawl around even if it is after she walks. She'll be fine. She's a cutie. Miss her and you guys so much. Wish we lived closer together so we could walk to the library together.

Anonymous said...

Hollie,
Gracie is so adorable! I cannot believe that she is 8 months old. She's growing up so fast. I hope you and Luke are doing well.
Khyleigh Brown
15

Sarah and Trent said...

Cute! What an adorable girl you have there! Yes, the Jazz brought me and my family closer together...we had parties when they were in the playoffs and one year I remember wearing all purple and making my own half time show...