Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Saving money and stocking up! Puzzled??

Hey you guys out there, I am just wondering if any of you have used any online service or the like to help you save on your grocery bill or stock up on food when it is on sale. For example, I attended a "Grocery Smarts" class and learned about couponing and getting multiple paper subscribtions to stock up on deals and using the free webiste to find the good deals.
I also have been getting a free trial membership to "Deals to Meals" at www.dealstomeals.com (see my sidebar link) because they are moving into NV now from UT. They help you know the best deals of all the local stores and what to stock up on and then she gives you a meal plan, using the deals you buy. I haven't really done any of her recipes yet although they look delicious. And I love the "Tips" sheet with the best of the best deals. Her membership is $4.95/mo which is like a dollar or so a week and you save that much money.
But I am just a little burned out or confused or something in between because I have had trouble price matching at Walmart after spending tons of time to do it and then wiht coupons it seems like they expire or I forget them or they are all for things I don't use. I love getting the tips on the fresh meat and produce. I like looking both places to compare and see what they both say are the deals, but sometimes they disagree so it has made me a little frustrated.
I really want to save money. I really want to get my 90 day supply. I am in charge of food storage and preparation/self-reliance for the ladies in my church now and I have got to get something down that works for me.
Another method is like doing the whole CVS and Walgreens things with coupons to really get deals. I just don't know if my time is worth it. And i am not really a meal planner for a week. I like my freedom I guess....
Have any of you used these websites/methods or found something that really works for you?

1 comment:

The Rigbys said...

I went to a pinching pennies party and it was really helpful. I learned to buy 5 Sunday newspapers so I can get 5 different coupons for the same item. Then I learned to go to theobsessiveshopper.com to find out the sales at different grocery stores. I haven't tried it yet. But I want to soon.
My friend has been using this website. Check out her blog at http://cajohnson.blogspot.com/