Friday, May 13, 2011

Project Runway!

A few projects from the last couple of months:

I have come to realize that even if I don't have time or money, or my to-do list is way long, or Home Speech Home is nagging, I still have to do something creative to cope and de-stress and I guess have a little "me-time." Doing crafty things lets me dump my head of all the ideas I store inside it by default (can't turn this part off). And then I have room to focus on all the things I need, should, and want to do other than create something. Luke is starting to accept that I just have to get it out of my system before I can focus/work again. Somehow I got bit by a moss bug... it is super messy, hot glue burns galore, and it is actually real moss so it smells fishy. Good result though!

Moss Monogram

Somehow I got bit by a moss bug... it is super messy, hot glue burns galore, and it is actually real moss so it smells fishy. Good result on foam board though!


Moss Topiary
From styrofoam ball and candle holder I already had. (It needs a haircut!)
Braided Towel Rug
Made from old towels, cut into strips and braided, super soft and absorbent. (not finished yet!)
Vinyl Tile

SUPER easy! Made one for my mom for mother's day and 2 more to auction off at the Barber Family Reunion (that's how they earn money to pay for the food/expenses each year).

Rosette Onesie
Oh man, I am addicted to making rosettes! This onesie is a hand me down from 3 girls, so on the 4th time around, it could use some updating. Get rid of the old butterfly on it. Add some rosettes which are so fun to make (if you don't mind a few hot glue burns). And add some ribbon ties to make it less balloony.
And then put a cute little girl inside.

YES, Katie is 6 MONTHS!!! AND SITTING!!! She won't stop grabbing things, scooting backward, and smiling. She is my favorite CREATION here, hands down!

1 comment:

amy ayres said...

I'm pretty crafty but you've got even me a little intimidated! Great work!