Thursday, February 19, 2009

So Valentine's Day Huh...

We slept in and hung around and watched 3 chick flicks, Luke really did, -but by that time we were both up to our eyeballs with gagging faces. I can't remember if I ever cried or not, but I am sure I did. :)
While sitting there, Luke humored me by writing 25 random things about himself, inspired by Megan and her kids. Then, regrettably on his part and due to confusion about the task ahead, he gave me the idea to switch and do it about each other too. Not necessarily like a love note, just whatever came to mind. It was actually pretty fun and interesting to see what things we know and think about each other, how we put our flaws so nicely and of course the compliments that are always good to hear but never often enough. It served as a very true love note for us. SEE POSTS BELOW to read them! You should try it too.
Oh and to finish telling you, Gracie and I made heart shaped sugar cookies and we took them to some people we were grateful for. Then we ended V-day by going to a church dinner and dance where Luke of course wowed everyone with the Worm (soo glad he didn't split his chin open this time) and we got to swing dance. Yeah, we tore up the floor despite how rusty we are! Man! It was a really good V-day! Hope yours was too.

4 comments:

Shane and Amy Jo said...

Hollie! I found your blog!!! Love it! Your little girl is a doll. So glad to hear that you guys are getting settled in your new place. We got Nancy's wedding announcement the other day...she is absolutely beautiful. Hard to believe she's old enough to be getting married. Makes me feel super old!!!
-Cousin Amy!!!

Brandon,J'lene, Kamiah,Braelyn, Chelsea, Aussie said...

She is so cute! I love that picture of her in Valentine outfits.I love dressing them up in outfits for the holidays!! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Luke & Hollie,
I am glad to hear that you are enjoying life with your little angel Gracie Joy. You might not remember me, but when Luke used to live in Idaho Falls, i was one of his next door neighbors. If you are ever in Preston, Idaho let us know because you are always welcome.
Take care,
Khyleigh Brown

Anonymous said...

you can also email me at khyleighjo@yahoo.com or khyleighjo@gmail.com