Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Christmas in February


I am so glad that I didn't get this done right after Christmas because it was such a great reminder of the Christmas Spirit in February. I wish we could always feel it all year around. This actually made me cry. Excuse the singing and the mix up of words-Karl played the piano beautifully and the kids were so sweet to my baby Gracie. I love Jesus and his love for all of us. I know He loves me and you and that His sacrifice and love is available to all who let Him in. When times get hard, He is there for us. I am so grateful to have a testimony of the atonement and that Jesus can comfort us in the way that only He knows how. We have to go through hard times to grow and know the good times. The Savior can lift our burdens. I just need to be better at going to Him for help instead of just trying to do it on my own. I always think I am tough enough, that I don't need help, that I shouldn't need help, and that something is wrong with me if I do. That is not true. We are here for each other and He is there for us. We just need to trust each other and Him. Thank you to all of you who have been there for me, especially in the last couple of rough days. I love you!
















I LOVE this!
Gracie is in the dress that mom made for me when I was a baby. She is in front of our Christmas Tree that I put up for a couple of weeks in Florida before we left. Of course Luke can make her smile like this most of the time! I love you Luke! Thanks for the dress mom!

1 comment:

Sarah and Trent said...

I think I remember seeing a picture of you as a baby in that dress...wow! I'm so glad that you guys are closer now! I also agree that it is a neat thing to have the Christmas spirit year 'round. We left a couple of decorations that deal more with Christ to help with that.