Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Waiting Place by Dr. Seuss


I read "Oh the Places You'll Go" to the girls the other day. We are definitely in the waiting place. How did Dr. Seuss know so much but put it so simply? Thanks mom and dad for giving me the book for graduation.

The Waiting Place…
…for people just waiting.
Waiting for a train to go or a bus to come, or a plane to goor the mail to come, or the rain to go or the phone to ring, or the snow to snow or waiting around for a
Yes or a No or waiting for their hair to grow.
Everyone is just waiting.
Waiting for the fish to bite or waiting for wind to fly a kite or waiting around for
Friday night or waiting, perhaps, for their Uncle Jake or a pot to boil, or a Better Break or a sting of pearls, or a pair of pants or a wig with curls, or Another Chance.
Everyone is just waiting.
NO!That’s not for you!
Somehow you’ll escape all that waiting and staying.
You’ll find the bright places
where Boom Bands are playing.

Hopefully we won't be waiting any more after Monday. We are supposed to find out if Luke gets the job that he had a 2 hour interview for with Eaton exactly 3 weeks ago. Man the emotions we have been going through over here. But we only got in a fight once during this stressful time, which is pretty good I'd say, but of course it had to be right before the missionaries were coming over for dinner and I had to leave shortly after to teach swimming lessons. Bad timing, but don't worry we have had a couple chances to practice not making it awkward for our guests! It was not a scene from "The Office."

My dad sent me this quote recently... I love it!

“I thought nothing could have brought me closer to Lydia than the happy weeks we’d had together since we sailed from Cap Francois; but common disappointments and despair, I found, can unite people more completely than any amount of that indefinable condition known as happiness.” Lydia Bailey (pg. 297) by Kenneth Roberts

No comments: