Monday, February 20, 2012

We are fasting today...

Luke does not have a job yet, but we are excited at a new opportunity that came our way last week. It is not in speech pathology and does not require us to move. We are hoping and praying that Luke can get it. We are fasting today so that Luke can do well in his interview, get the job, and succeed at the job. We feel that maybe this is a huge reason why we were supposed to come to Greenwood. We have faith and hope and we know that fasting makes prayers more powerful. So think of us in your prayers today. It would be really good for us if this worked out. We are actually asking Heavenly Father for this, something we have never really done -directly asking that is instead of praying for blessings. We have always felt that it is too bold and if it is supposed to happen it will. We have prayed and said "please bless... if it be Thy will etc." but on this one we are promising things and asking boldly because it is something we really want. My mother-in-law said that is okay to do. So we are. Fasting with heart-felt purpose is so much better than alternative ways to fast!! And I am not pregnant or nursing so I can fast without getting sick. It has been so long since I have been able to fast and it feels good. Heavenly Father wants to bless all of us we just have to behave well enough and ask Him. We are trying to be good and we are asking and exercising our faith!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hollie, good luck! I'm been thinking of you guys. I hope everything turns out how you want it to in the end although it might not be exactly what you expected and planned. Hang in there! I have faith in you guys to figure it all out!

April said...

I'm sure everything will turn out for the best! I'm excited to hear what happens!