Sunday, February 5, 2012

Back to Church Marathons

Today:
1. Luke got called as the YM President.
2. I got called as the YW First Counselor.
3. Luke and Gracie bore testimony in church.
4. I played the piano in Junior Primary.
5. Gracie got an attitude in Primary today again and threw her picture in the garbage.
6. Katie went to Nursery for the first time 3 months early and did not cry as long as she had her baby!!!
7. Gracie gave her first talk ever on how Noah was blessed for listening to the Lord and she was so cute (video clip to follow).
8. Luke got bombarded with YM's calendars, leaders, and boys without a phone to keep everything straight. :(
9. I joined YW for a time and then went back to play the piano in Senior Primary.
10. I practiced singing a musical number and set up for New Beginnings that was going to happen after church today.
11. Luke and I pawned our children off while we went and got set apart.
12. Walked in late to New Beginnings and sang in the musical number and had lunch.
13. We drove our exhausted family home, put the kids to bed, and fell asleep in the middle of talking on the couch.
14. We made dinner, cleaned up the house, and talked to family.
15. Put the kids to bed - late cause they had napped so late.
16. Finally, we splurged on big bowls of ice cream smothered with homemade caramel and chocolate syrup while we dredged our way through 5 medical cognitive and swallow evaluation reports to create long term and short-term goals and treatment plans/strategies that Luke was assigned to practice by his boss.
17. I got on the computer to print out some materials to prepare a talk on fasting in 2 weeks and decided to write this post instead.

Busy? Yes! Worth it? Yes! The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true.

3 comments:

Kristen. Jason. Sofie said...

i cannot believe that! 2 presidency callings!?!? wow... the Lord loves you guys! you're an inspiration!

Ellis said...

wow! you guys are going to be so busy! Chase and I have both served in presidencies at the same time before, but he was YM and I was RS. I can't believe you're both in the youth programs. I hope that there is someone nice and trustworthy to leave your girls with! Good luck!! Our new ward is quite small. 3 or 4 new families just moved in in the fall, a few months before we got here, and I think a lot of those families have been doubled up in presidency callings. I'm the sunday school teacher for the 12-13 year olds. I think it is the least demanding calling I've had in my adult life. It is nice having a break!! I wonder how long it will last though as I only have one girl in my class :)

Huke, Lollie, and Gracie! said...

more like we have a He still needs to teach us Kristen.
We are hoping that our girls will do okay coming to mutual with us and just juggling them as needed and getting a babysitter when I have to. Thinking of creating an activity bag that they can only play with on Wed nights @ YM/YW.