Sunday, October 9, 2011

Zip Track takes the prize!

We have had so much fun with this flexible track. I think it wins the prize for garage sale find that gets the most use. It is a discovery toy that normally costs around $40 and I bought it for $1. If you are looking for a great Christmas gift, this is it. You can pull it out when you need to entertain some kids quickly and yet it cleans up quickly too. It is flexible so you can make all sorts of shapes. One kid probably spent 30 min just changing the color pattern by clicking different pieces together. We have used it inside and outside and made hills with our legs/arms since we don't have the bridge and tunnel pieces. We think it is more fun that way! We have had 5-6 kids all sticking their feet in at once to make the bumpiest track ever. Notice how the little dog in this picture is creating a tunnel for the little motorized car to go under?
Most recently, we made this humdinger of a drop track ending in a plastic bucket! I had fun helping Gracie make it and then she played with it by herself for a while. It is the perfect toy. Sometimes I want to get rid of all the toys in my house but this one wouldn't go for sure. I think I will order some expansion track and extra cars for Christmas. Look I just found another brand
on Amazon for only $23.90.
Disclaimer: Gracie did get the car stuck in her hair once when she was looking at it real close. I all the sudden heard this screaming. When I got there I knew what had happened because her beautiful Goldilocks were detached and wound tightly around one back wheel. I am not responsible for any lost hair!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm thinking this is what Nixon will be getting for Christmas. Our friends in Vegas (the Buttars, who moved into the Jones' house) also had this and it was always Nixons toy of choice. Thanks for the present inspiration.