Thursday, October 6, 2011

Katie and Her Ice Cream Cones...

Katie is in heaven when she has an ice cream cone in her hand. I think her record is eating (all by herself) 3 complimentary twist cones in a row from Arctic Circle. And don't try to take that cone away from her or you will get an ear full!
That is why our friend Kristin McNinch's suggestion to go get ice cream at Thanksgiving Point was the perfect mommy/daughter date. For 50 Cents we got one yummy mommy one and 2 free kiddie ones. And the cutest Halloween decor inspiration.

Ghost garland made from white plastic cups on white Christmas lights with googly eyes, and picket fence cut from coordinating scrapbook paper and strung, and white balloons covered with tulle and accessories like pearls, binky, bottle, and I would have given the dad a mustache or tie! The pendant light has ribbons on it and a bat/spider. So cute and simple.
This is right after I had licked clean. Usually she has a death grip on it.
Look at Gracie's face. She loves ice cream too.

And here's Gracie and Sofie (Kristin's daughter) driving an awesome during a trip to the D.I. together. What can we say? We found some good friends who are patient with my kids' shenanigans, talk about Gracie in their prayers, and like the DI too.
And I convinced her to play volleyball too even though she says she is naturally afraid of the ball. She is learning quickly am I am so proud of her. And I have to honestly say I am not half bad myself anymore. I am not an expert but I am "consistent" at bringing my game. Go Pilgrim's Landing 1st.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to get a job!! That is super exciting. Congrats!

I love the little ghosts made out of cups--I'm totally going to make those next week...thanks for the idea! I just wish you lived around the corner so we could easily make them together! boo.

We need to get together soon...before you're a workin' lady.

The girls are so cute and so is their mama--your hair is getting so long!

Kristen. Jason. Sofie said...

love it! love it all! and i'm so happy that i make you proud!