Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I got a job!

We can't let a day go by without documenting that the Barbers are only going to unemployed for 1 more week. Yep my start date is Wed Oct 12. I will be doing tele-health (speech therapy over the internet like skype) for an online school called Connections Academy. The phone call offering me the job came this morning, just 30 minutes after being informed that our renter in our house in Florida has decided to move. Coincidence? I think not!!

Even though I really wanted a 9-5 job for a little while and wanted to get some more experience with adults/geriatrics in a hospital, nursing home or home-health, I really couldn't justify turning this one down and waiting any longer when it pays really well, it's somewhat flexible (match students' schedule with mine), and I get to work from home.

The working from home thing might be hard though because it might make me feel like I can't do either of my jobs (mom/speech therapist) as well as I want too. I don't want work to negatively impact the kids or my husband or ability to help others. Maybe it will be easier than I think. I am starting out with 10 hours in Utah and then can take on more students in other states if I want to. (And I can still keep seeing my same students no matter where I live - that's the beauty of the internet.) At least this will pay the rent and a few groceries and take the time pressure off of Luke to get a job.

And hey... if I am working, I will be making money and I will have less time to spend it!!!!
(Score, Fist Bump, Chest Bump, Potato Explosion, Victory Dance, and Pose)

No comments: