Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Sweet Mother's Day

I loved Mother's Day this year!!!
No guilty, psychological turmoil feelings prompted by excellent Mother's Day Sacrament Mtg. talks like what happened last year and being mad that Luke got me a gift and card to celebrate me being something I am not doing good at.
And I am glad.

Mother's Day is a holiday even though no one gets off work for it. Not even mother's take the day off. But I am good with this because it is the one day of the year when you are more purposefully appreciated and celebrated for the actions that you do all the other days too. But this day it is more fun to do them because you are so GLAD you get to!

I love being a mother and having Gracie love me the way a child loves their mother. Even if they are making mistakes, or don't sing songs on tune, or accidently pinch their leg during a diaper change, or whatever, I love that she and I have an unexplainable connection. I think it is unconditional Christ-like love. If only we could all learn to love each other and our spouses that way naturally, all the time. I guess that would be Charity!

I am thankful for my Mother Heidi ALWAYS and my Mother-in-Law Lenna for the mothering they have done for me and Luke. I will never stop appreciating them and thinking about them no matter what the future brings. And I hope to be able to learn more from them no matter what the future brings. They are so kind.

Luke made such a wonderful Mother's Day for me. We made the best breakfast together by combining our Dad's secret breakfast tricks. Hashbrowns, peppers, and onions in butter patiently cooked like my dad's. Then Luke added the still-runny scrambled eggs and fried ham (we didn't have bacon) at the very end to make it his Dad's "Mountain-Man Breakfast".
The only bad thing about it was that it was so good we barely missed the Sacrament at church. I had a very awesome, fun and spiritual lesson with my Sunbeams. Then we came home and I received one of the best cards Luke has ever given me. (He made it while he substituted in the church library so I got to see his mad Origami folding skills combined with the perfect blend of funny and spiritual writing from the heart.) I LOVED IT!! I did my thing while Gracie and Luke took a nap. Then we ate the best Turkey Croissant Sandwiches and made Caramel Popcorn and drank Root Beer. We were then surprised by our good friends who also wanted to get out of the house and have some company!
A very sweet Mother's Day to remember!

1 comment:

April said...

Glad you had a great day!