Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Gracie Joy is my Crazy Joy!!

I said, "Show me Gracie..." and she actually lifted her shirt up and put her arms out like this to show off her artwork all on her own! CRAZY! Guess I have to hide the markers.So proud!
This time Gracie gave her self a smile - Joker style, with MASCARA, not marker. Eeek! I was really mad at first cause she broke the wand and that she knew how to open it, but then she just looked up at me from the bathroom floor and smiled innocently. I couldn't help laughing and smiling.
My Gracie Joy. She is very "willful" as a good friend of mine said the other day. I say stubborn and independent (she won't just take a few crackers, she has to have the whole bag) and she is too smart for her own good. She won't go to bed without her baby. It was her sippy cup for a while. Some nights, however, I get her to put the baby to bed in it's crib and then she will go to her own crib after that.
Last night, we spent much longer than expected in Best Buy and finally at Staples buying an affordable computer. Gracie did pretty well with all the TV's and music and spinning chairs availabe. But then it got crazy. At 8:45, she was pulling candy off the shelf and when I pulled her away, she wouldn't stop balling, so for our sanity, I let her buy a .50 cent lollipop that she was crying over. I should have taken her to the car but I was trying to help Luke with the computer decisions. Well it did the trick but about 10 minutes later, she dropped the sucker on the bathroom floor, shattering it to pieces. That was the craziest, quickest .50 cents I have ever spent.
And now, I know it is pretty early, (she's 18 mos) but Gracie really wants to use the potty. This is her potty chair I have to find a bowl for. She always tells me stinky or poo poo right as she is doing it or right after and so we run to the bathroom and sit on the toilet. And then I clean her up. But now she has learned to say, "POO POO!" really adamently so that she gets my attention where ever when ever, or as an escape rout from her high chair or bed, etcd. Yep, I finally realized what she was doing. Crazy Gracie!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That crazy Gracie...she sure is cute though! I liked the mascara smile.

April said...

That's great that she wants to use the potty so young!!! I have a picture of Isabel at about that age sleeping with orange marker all over her face. She used to love to put her artwork all over herself and the house!