Monday, May 18, 2009

Soakin' up the sun n' water... and the movies!

These are Gracie's boyfriends in our neighborhood (one's missing named Lincoln). They are all born with-in 1 month of each other. Gracie has already been asked out on several dates but with mom's supervision of course!! Gracie is not going to go steady with any of them for a long time. Just play the field you know. Maybe share a little sunscreen and cheerios...
She wants to take crawling lessons from them in exchange for teaching them the "Bum-Scoot" and walking with only one hand holding on.
Do you think she should learn to blow kisses?
When my Grandma Pat passed away, I got all of her swimsuits. I absolutely loved them. Sadly, I have worn the other ones so much that they got too thin and this is the only one I have left. I love them cause not only is it a connection I have to remember my Grandma, but they are cute old-school swimsuits that are back in style "new-school" now. The other one was black with white macoroni noodle like shapes all over it with gathered down the middle and a neck tie. It was awesome. And they have low-cut legs which is hard to find nowdays. Thanks Grandma.
No I am not wearing nothing! I thought this picture looked kind of funny.
These are the hot mommies that I like hanging out with. There is so much to be learned from them and fun to be discovered together. There is my Muddah Nicole, Me, Cute Kara, and Happy Cassidy chillin' from left to right. We always end up meeting other moms at the pool that are fun to get to know too.
I have no complaints about spending our days at the pool. I love it! If I believed in reincarnation, I would want to come back as a fish or dolphin or something that swims.
Fighting over the sunscreen since James won't be a gent and rub it on Gracie's back.

Who says girls can't play football? She's not going to let anything stop her if she really wants it!
AT THE DRIVE-IN: After swimming one day, we all decided to got to the free drive-in movie night. This is Gracie waving "Hi" out the sun-roof Las Vegas style. Next time we are going to cruise the strip this way.
Before the drive-in movie started. I love going to the drive-in. I have not been since I was a kid in Idaho. I love it. Our friends John and Ashley introduced it to us here. And with the cost of the theater being $10.25/person, a drive in movie is where it's at! Who can afford to go to the theater at that price and besides we have the privacy of our own space to walk around and cry and as needed. Without bothering anybody. And you don't have to SMUGGLE in your snacks. I love it!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

haha, I thought that picture of you looking all nudie what pretty funny.
That's awesome you got all your g-ma's swimsuits, I had no idea!
You have to admit Gracie and Nixon have a special thing going for eachother. I saw the way they looked into one another's eyes today.
We love spending our days with you two cute girls!

Karl, Meg, and kids said...

Hollie, You look fabulous! So fun, so fun.

Ellis said...

How many girls can say they wear their grandma's swimsuits and look fabulous in them?! You seriously look great and what a sweet memento of your grandma. It looks like you have a wonderful group of friends - I am SO jealous but so happy for you. Isn't this a fun phase of life?