Thursday, May 21, 2009

My 9-Month Flowerpot...

My friend, Tenley, in Florida gave us so many cute clothes and things for Gracie when she was born that her girls no longer needed. Among them was this cute flower hat that she used to take pictures when her daughter Sadie was little. When I saw it, I had to do it too. So in the spirit of Anne Geddes, a Wal-mart pot, and a free photo shoot:

Ta-da!!! My friend and I took our kids to get pictures taken for free for a Mother's Day treat to ourselves. Needless to say, Gracie didn't like being stuck in a pot! No trick in the book could make her smile. But she 's darling either way!
Nixon definitely took the prize for the cutest and easiest smile of the day. His pictures turned out so cute. This one gives you a peek into his personality. (P.S. Don't tell, but Gracie and Nixon binky swap whenever they are together. Nixon initiates it though by taking the bink right out of her mouth but he always gives it back when Gracie starts fussing for it. What a gent!)
Gracie and Nixon are chillin' after the photo shoot. It's hard work.
Gracie clap, clap, clappin' away on a Sunday. Cute dress Grammy! We finally found some really small ballet slipper-like shoes with texture bumps on the bottom to accomodate her walking. She has really small feet and since babies aren't usually walking at this time it is hard to find shoes that are practical. Anyone know where I can find some small jelly shoes? Otherwise we better move to Blackfoot, Idaho- ha ha ha- One barefoot step here in Las Vegas and your feet are black.This is Gracie's newest, funny smile. What a kick!Here is our attempt to try one more time at home to make her smile. Dang! Even with Luke, who can always make her smile, Gracie still did not like the pot!This is my new favorite picture of us. Thanks Luke. Your girls love you too much!Check out another one of Gracie's faces. I guess she gets it from me- too bad, because I have always been told that if looks could kill, I would be a serial killer. And no, we're not talking about good looks. Sorry if you have ever been the victim of one of my skanks. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Oh he-ey!I had to throw this one in to show the cool scale.Gracie starting young on the catwalk... She even got the face down to the lip pucker. LOL!
"That's right Gracie--- I caught you..."
And now in the real spirit of the best 9 months of my life so far... Gracie standing up on something and pulling at the toilet paper or the fridge magnets, or whatever else and...then screaming bloody murder when she gets stuck somewhere (like under the sink). Check out this mug shot. I can't stop loving this girl. Happy 9 months my sweet chica! I love you.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh i love your new posts! I hope you don't care, but I think I might have to post the potted picture of her on my blog. I've been telling my sister/sis in laws about it would be so awesome if they could just see it! She is adorable!

I love that picture of her getting into the toilet paper. She beat Nixon to that one.


You guys make a pretty stinking cute mother/daughter combo!

Shane and Amy Jo said...

Lollie...have I ever told you how much I love your blog?!?! Seriously, you always make me smile! :)

These pictures are GREAT!!! She's the best lookin' flowerpot I've ever seen. She really is adorable.

Amy

Marina said...

That hat is adorable!

Karl, Meg, and kids said...

What a wonderful post!

Sarah and Trent said...

Those are seriously some of the cutest pictures I've ever seen...Gracie makes such a cute flower pot! They look professional :-)

Ellis said...

Oh boy! Gracie is SO cute! What a fun photo shoot. this age is so much fun, and they just get more and more fun!