Monday, November 3, 2008

Saga of Luke and the Butterfly...











So I decorated the whole front yard and the front of the house with cobwebs and a huge spider. It looked awesome from bush to bush and around the palm tree and the garage and front porch; however, I didn't think about the consequences of a huge, real-looking spider web... in Florida. Yeah, real insects would get caught. First two huge (biggest I have ever seen) dragonflies got caught above the garage. I felt bad but they were already dead. Then this butterfly got caught right by our front door and we felt so bad. Its wings kept flapping, I thought just in the wind, and so it stayed there for 3 days, through a rain storm and everything. Then Luke noticed that it was still alive. So he carefully cut it out of the web and cut all the fibers off. He let it go out of his hands and it struggled to fly and hit the ground. Luke picked it up again and it took off, struggled, dropped but didn't hit the ground finally flew back up and up and up until it was on its way again. I was amazed that Luke thought to do this. It is definitely something that I wouldn't have thought to do. (This is also reminded me of Hailey too). Did Luke learn this from Lenna or Rick? He is so kind, to me too.

No comments: