Monday, November 3, 2008

Joker's Act...

Luke took our table out and we bought a strobe light at Target for $2.50 and placed it so that is flashed on half of his face. We had all other lights off so it made you want to look closer at what was there. Luke sat motionless and people couldn't tell if he was real or not. Some kids got a really good scare when Luke occasionally moved. As you can see, the candybowl was on the table next to him so they had to come close if they wanted any candy. We didn't really get a lot of trick-or-treaters so that was a bummer but we had a fun night. And our neighbors went all out with all kinds of gross/scary props including a lynching post, graveyard, and operating table with all kinds of bloody body parts. Kids got double the dose of fright with us being right next door. Hollie got 25 moscuito bites while walking around outside and watching the fun with Gracie. The simplicity of Luke's act was much more scary than all of the store-bought items of our neighbors. They were all pretty clever though. What a fun and memorable Halloween!

3 comments:

Karl, Meg, and kids said...

I love the joker act. One year I dressed as a scarecroaw and laid across the sidewalk so that kids had to step over me to knock on the door. I usually scared them when they were on there way back to the street after they already had their candy.
I LOVE HALLOWEEN!

Megan asys that she really like Gracies bug costume.

Karl, Meg, and kids said...

I love the joker act. One year I dressed as a scarecroaw and laid across the sidewalk so that kids had to step over me to knock on the door. I usually scared them when they were on there way back to the street after they already had their candy.
I LOVE HALLOWEEN!

Megan asys that she really like Gracies bug costume.

Clint Rigby said...

Luke looks awesome as the Joker. If I would have been one of those kids trick or treating at your house I would have been freaked out! I get scared of things like that.