Saturday, January 21, 2012

Nostradamus was wrong and we are excited for 2012!

Hey to break it to you Nostradamus, the world did not and will not end in 2012. And we are psyched about that. 2012 is going to be a good year. It has already.

Now if Luke could just get his license so he can start working and bring some money in. We are glad I haven't quit my job yet so we have at least a little income. We are hoping it will be next week.

Gracie loves doing cheers, so our Lehi neighbor's Becca's gift was perfect for our little New Year's Eve celebration. I told Gracie we were going to have a party. She said, "Who's coming over?" I said, "Nobody. We can have a party with just us." She did not think it was possible. But it was. We loved being just us.
We had a veggie/cheese/ham/crackers/fruit tray with dips, and a dessert tray with nutella and peanut butter for dipping. Santa brough us poptarts that we hadn't eaten. And yes we cut them up like little cookies and dipped them too. We had to do something to push the limits this New Year. Ha ha. Oh and we let Katie sit on the table. I don't care who you are, that is pushing the limits right there!
3 goals I am working on this year: 1- Read scriptures better 2- Love from the beginning, openly, and without judging. Have charity toward all men regardless of... anything 3- Be more bold in saying what I should when I should when I know it is the right thing (strategy is to use humor and make fun of myself to share the point I know is right- may not make sense to you, but it does to me- can't wait to nail my first opportunity to have no regrets, standing up and saying what I should have and I will share when I do.) Happy new year> it's going to be a good one.

2 comments:

Kristen. Jason. Sofie said...

happy new year!! i know this will be a great one for you guys! you are too righteous for the Lord not to bless you! love ya! p.s. is that your new place!? love the white cabinets!

April said...

Happy New Year! We also have an appetizer spread like yours, watch the fireworks and ring in the New Year. We joke that this year we'll have to have Christmas early since the world is ending on December 21, LOL.