Monday, October 25, 2010

Waiting at a 4 and 75% effaced since last Wed. appt.

I have been having lots of contractions and I get so falsely excited because nothing happened like this with Gracie. I am so excited to have her here.

This is what I have been doing in the mean time and working a little on my e-books for Home-Speech-Home.com. We might get featured in the ASHA Leader. I have K, G, S, and almost Z totally done. Here are my projects:

Gracie's Curtains:
7 rows of gathering on top, idea from Make-It-And-Love-It Blog
Doll Clothes for the Dirty Baby:
Wouldn't come clean so Gracie helped me make new clothes and headband for her baby that she takes everywhere. Gracie really sewed them with the presser foot and back stitch button under her command. It took forever. Gracie didn't go take a nap till around 4:00 because we were finishing her baby.
Curls in Gracie's Hair:
This is the first trial with the curling iron. So cute but she was really scared as was I. Today though, I was doing a pony tail and she said, "No mom. Girls (i.e. curls)." She was so good today and loves talking about her curls. I love them too.
Front Room Curtains:
I found this fabric for $6.00/yd at Home Fabrics. You seriously have to go there cause we all know how home decor fabric is usually $20-$30 yard on sale at Jo-Anns. And not much variety.
Covered Couch Pillows:
Also found this fabric at Home Fabrics for $6.00 and $3.00/yd. I can't believe it!
Blessing Dress for Baby #2:
I want to make each of my children their own to have and use on their children if they want. This is fabric I already had and worked up so fast. The skirt is sheer and shimmery. Now I am going to make a fleece shrug to match. Add some pearly trim to waist and hem and flowers with pearls on the skirt. Show you when it is finished.

5 comments:

Karl, Meg, and kids said...

I say you hold out for a Halloween baby! I so wanted Zac to be a Halloween baby. But Wed is Zacer's b-day it would be fun to have them share, just like their dads!

My guess is that you are going to go quick when you do go, so be ready!!! I hope you get to the hospital :)...

Love, love, love your projects. Especially the cutains-both of them. I wish we lived closer. I would have so much fun doing projects with you. There is so much you could teach me, and I would have you teach Lydea too. The girl that was teaching Lydea got prego and said she is too tired to do it. BUMMER.

April said...

Unfortunately it's normal to walk around dilated like that and having contractions for days or even weeks. I did that with Amelia, no fun at all. Hang in there, it will end!

I love your curtains, especially Gracie's with the gathered tops. Such a great idea.

Wow, you have a lot of patience to let Gracie sew the doll clothes. They turned out really cute!

Brandon,J'lene, Kamiah,Braelyn, Chelsea, Aussie said...

So much fun you and I need to plan a time to hang out after the babies are born and make it a fun craft day. We have been making crafts to I will have to post them soon. I love your gathered curtains idea way cute!! Keep us posted on the baby!

Sarah and Trent said...

You are so talented! I am amazed!!! And good luck with the baby - we are excited for you! And I like the name Sadie..I think it goes well with Gracie :)

Ellis said...

You've been ambitious! Looks like lots of fun sewing projects (good job getting things done while you can!) LOVE the curtains! And I'm impressed with the doll outfit - I've tried and they never fit well (V's baby is incredibly dirty too!) Can't wait to see your new little one! Gracie is going to be a great sister. Hope your transition/adjustment to 2 goes well!