Tuesday, June 30, 2009

One prescription for non-bozo juice please.

Yes, Gracie needed some non-bozo juice on Monday night. She must have been wired from her accomplishments of walking and talking because she did not want to go to sleep. But she wasn't cranky, just bozo-ish. We put her to bed around 9 pm and she went down easily. But then about every 5 minutes she would let out a loud yell and then stop. I thought it was really weird but I let her do it for a while. Then until about 10:30, I kept going back in and trying all different things, wrapping, unwrapping, rocking, binky, diaper, etc. Nothing helped her go to sleep. So finally I decided I was tired of trying to get my video on the previous post to upload and ready to call it quits on the "Celestial Survivor" night I am working on for church, and retrieved my bozo from her crib and climbed into our bed. Usually Grace will fuss for a little bit and pull on my face, etc. and fall asleep. BUT NO! This child rolled over on her stomach, then to her back, and then back to her stomach; then she rolled on top of me parallel to me and then perpendicular to me and then I got her out of her blanket cause I thought she might be hot. NO! She then started trying to spin around in circles in the bed, head on top of me, then her legs. Then she wanted to sit up, lay back, sit up, and lay back. I was so tired and confused I think I helped her sit up one more time and then fell asleep. At about 11:00 Luke came upstairs and Gracie watched him get ready for bed. Then I guess he took her, wrapped her back up, and then she went straight to sleep. I guess she needed either needed her dad or just that last hour and a half to get her bozo genes (that she got from her parents) all tired out. But that is not the end... Gracie, my darling babe, did not wake up or make a sound until 2:00 pm on Tuesday. That is FIFTEEN hours! So I told Gracie she can be a bozo any night she wants because the next day, I got a lot done. I did miss her though. And I wondered if she was still breathing or if she got kidnapped. She didn't and thank goodness, at 2:00 she woke up and was her usual self. We will see what happens today. She went straight to bed at 9:30 last night and she hasn't got up yet this morning. It is almost 10 am. We'll see.

4 comments:

April said...

That's crazy Hollie! It's probably because of the big developmental changes she is going through (walking, talking, etc.). That's nice that she slept until 2:00! I bet you got a lot done.

Marina said...

15 hours...nice!

nicole said...

that sounds like carter!! minus the 15 hours part... lol. but he rolls around like that too. it drives me crazy!! you're lucky she slept for 15 hours!! i wish c would. lol. maybe we should hang out so she can rub some of her skills off on him. specifically the sleeping one. lol.

LiNdS said...

Hollie,
I feel like I was reading one of my own journal entries! Dawson does this... EVERY NIGHT!! Except I don't get the privilage of him sleeping until 2. He is up at 7:30 sharp. I am a sleepy mama. It is funny that Gracie did the same thing. I think he is having growing pains or something because he gets SO restless and wakes up every five minutes. Ahhh. The joys!