Friday, January 16, 2009

Happy Birthday... here are some life lessons!

Jan 16- It's my birthday! I have made it 24 years! (Thanks mom for "borning" me.) And I have the most wonderful husband in the world who suprised me with a certificate for my first professional massage ever and the cutest baby in the world. (I am biased. I know.) We don't know when our stuff will come from FL, but we are healthy and happy and enjoying life. I am grateful I get to stay home and be a mom and help Gracie learn and grow which she is definitely doing. Thanks Luke for being our bread winner. I am also so grateful to family and friends who have always been there for me and who always will be. I love you and feel so undeserving of all of my blessings. I owe everything to the Lord! Thank you Heavenly Father.

I will let you know when we get our stuff and all is resolved with the moving company. As for the saga, it will always continue. That is how life is but we have definitely learned some things:

- No matter how much you plan, things can always go wrong!
(hard to admit since I am the queen of control :( but better off for giving in!)
- Heavenly Father is watching over you! (I already knew this one!) (Look at the red and blue pattern. It is always consistent: a red followed by a blue!)
- Things just get stuck!
- Everything takes longer than you think!
- $$ is not always the highest priority when making a decision!
- Moving is not easy!
- It can always get worse!
- There is nothing like HEAT!
- "Don't let it eat your lunch!" thanks Karl
- There is nothing like family and friends and good neighbors!
- Now I have empathy for people in the middle of a move, I will act accordingly...

2 comments:

Brandon,J'lene, Kamiah,Braelyn, Chelsea, Aussie said...

It sounds horrible. We have moved tons and I have to say I would take any of our moving experiences over your one. I am glad you are safe in a house and still married!! Teething is not fun at all, it was such a hard time for us until we got tylenol and teething gel. Boy they were life savors for us!! Good luck and I hope your stuff arrives in one piece and soon! Isn't it amazing that we make through stressful times and still can smile in the end. Brandon and I have found that you either grow stronger together in your relationship or farther apart. I am glad to hear that you can live and learn. I have the hardest time with no control of situations, it takes me a long time to find the good. I look up to you for that!! Take care and keep smiling. Oh yeah and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

Sarah and Trent said...

Happy Birthday!!! Thanks for sharing your life lessons...they are good and it always helps to remember those. Now that you are closer in Vegas we'll have to come visit...Happy Birthday again!