Wednesday, April 18, 2012

We leave in the morning!

Our truck is packed. The missionaries who we have fed 2-3 times a month and consider to be our family here, were the perfect loading crew. And I actually got to direct and plan where I wanted everything to go to use the space as wisely as possible. If you can believe it, we had planned to drive a 26' truck and a 17' truck with a tow dolly attached to tow the car. WE GOT EVERYTHING IN THE 26 foot truck with plenty of room to spare because of packing it right. We moved from Vegas in the same size truck and we had 2/3 of what we had today and barely fit. I love spatial reasoning and feel I have a knack for it and it paid off today. We get to cancel our other truck and dolly and just drive the car and one truck to Florida in the morning. I have to work from 10-12 and then we have to make a run to goodwill and then we will be off. Let's hope it doesn't take that long to get out of here.

We are so grateful for the friends who have helped us at this busy time such as the Manley's (packing, rides, cleaning), Taylor's (cut all our hair and colored mine), West's (babysitting), and Kay (t00k the girls to the park and brought us pizza). We are grateful to have known them for such a short time, contributed to their lives and they contributed to ours. We are SOOOO excited to get back to our "home" again. Panama City Beach here we come. Then on to Hilton head for a short beach stay. I AM EXHAUSTED!!, because I have had to do most all the packing myself, like usual. But this time it was because Luke was in Utah for 3 days because his dad got remarried on Nancy's birthday, April 14. Happy Birthday Nance and Congrats to Rick. Welcome Michelle to the family! I can't wait to be chillin' on the beach, playin' with my kids, and at peace because we have a job. Many blessings have come our way.

2 comments:

Scarlett said...

Oh my gosh, girl! I can't believe all your fam has gone through in the past year. I'm so glad things are working out for you. You guys have amazing faith, and I know you will be blessed.

Kristen. Jason. Sofie said...

i can't believe you guys are all over the place! i got a little excited when i saw you were moving, i thought you might be coming back to us! good luck in florida! i hope jobs go well and you guys can settle in comfortably. love you all!