Thursday, June 30, 2011

Can Hollie Play?

I got a knock on my door yesterday and Gracie answered the door.
There were 3 little neighbor boys standing there who asked, "Can Hollie play?"

I still can't stop smiling to myself about it. I haven't been asked that since I was a kid.

(Last week I had about 10 little neighbor kids who "wanted" to wash my car with me. So I got them all a rag. And then we had a "Dirtiest Rag Contest." I had another mom pick the top 2 dirtiest rags and the owners each got to spray me with the hose for 20 seconds each. I ran around like crazy trying to dodge it, letting spray me in the head "on accident", and making them laugh. That turned into all the neighbor kids against me in a water fight that ended with me taking my kids in for nap time. They had an ambush planned for me when I came back out but I took too long and they gave up. World War II will have to be another day. We might just have to wash a car a week for the rest of the summer. :) Today 8 little kids were drawing on random pieces of cardboard on the sidewalk while I drew and cut out two lifesaving tubes and an anchor for the upcoming family reunion. Who knew cardboard could be so much fun?)

1 comment:

Ellis said...

And you don't think you're a fun, silly mom? You are SO fun!